Last Week in Australia!

Sunday 5 May 2013

After seven amazing weeks I found myself in my last week of my trip! It started off on a high, with the amazing Blue Mountains, and the fun continued for the next four days!

On the Tuesday night I was lucky enough to be given a ticket to see Scottish comedian Danny Bhoy - my two cousins were going, originally with my uncle, but my aunt and uncle insisted I take the extra ticket, which was so lovely of them. Despite him being Scottish I had never heard of him before, but he seems to be really popular over in Australia. His show was brilliant, I laughed till I cried, and getting to see something in the beautiful State Theatre in Sydney was amazing!



The following day I took a trip into the city again to pick up some souvenirs for my family and friends! I also met Gemma for lunch in the restaurant at Darling Harbour we had her birthday dinner in - unfortunately I've managed to competely forget the name of it, but they do $10 steak and chips all day every Monday to Wednesday! It was a glorious day and the water in the harbour was so blue!



After a nice chilled out evening on the Wednesday, the Thursday was Anzac Day - a bank holiday in Australia. My uncle was off work, so we all went out on a family picnic at Brooklyn Marina, a picturesque spot just twenty minutes away.







We had such a lovely afternoon, and headed back to the house just in time for me to get myself ready, and out into the city to meet Gemma, Emily, Sarah and Sarah's boyfriend, to go for some drinks and then to the Sydney Opera House to see Tegan and Sara!! It was amazing to be inside the Opera House, and the concert was brilliant!



That night I stayed with Gemma and Emily in their flat in Bondi, before heading back to my aunt and uncle's the following morning for the daunting task of packing! My flight wasn't until 9pm though, so I had a nice lazy day getting organised! I booked my flight home with STA Travel, and got an amazing deal on an Emirates flight, which flew me from Sydney to Dubai (14hours!) and then Dubai to Glasgow (8hours), with a two hour stopover in between. I didn't manage to sleep at all unfortunately, but I did watch a lot of good flims and tv shows, which I'm going to do a separate post on actually!

My time in Australia was absolutely incredible, and I feel like it did me the world of good! Again, I'll do a separate post on that, but thanks so much to everyone for reading my posts along the way - it's been great :)

So now I'll be getting back to a lot of my regular posts! Weekly Favourites will be back as of tomorrow, and I have a couple of blogger event posts to write up, one from the INAA #shaba event last Monday, and I'll have another to do after the Grazia Live Beauty Parlour in Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh on Wednesday! If anyone is going along, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment