What's in My Australia Makeup Bag!

Wednesday 27 February 2013

With just over a week to go now till I leave for sunnier climes, I'm at the stage of deciding for definite what's going with me and what isn't! So, after giving it some serious thought, I've made a pretty final decision, and thought I'd show you the selection of products I'm packing!

You'd think you can't buy makeup in Australia...

Base



Illamasqua Matt Primer, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (Ivory), Barry M Cream Foundation (White), Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair), Garnier Roll-On Concealer (Light), Rimmel Stay Matte Transluscent Powder.

White foundation is a must for me to pale down my main foundation, and I find that a tiny bit of this really affordable Barry M one does the trick. Matt primer to keen my chin and nose shine free in the warmer weather, my cooling Garnier roller ball concealer (very handy for after long flights!) and a good old transluscent powder should serve me well.

Cheeks


So sorry for the glare in this photo, it's ridiculously sunny today (for a change!)

ELF Studio Blusher in Pink Passion, Sleek Contour Kit in Light, ELF Studio Blusher in Peachy Keen, Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Bronzer, Topshop Powder Blush in Pop, Benefit Samples - High Beam and Sun Beam

Three blushers - is that overkill? Pop is one of my favourites, but I love the super natural look of Peachy Keen, and I like having a pink option. Love the highlighter from the Sleek Contour Kit, I use the Physicians Formula bronzer every day and the Benefit samples weigh next to nothing, so why not?! :P

Eyes



Sleek Storm Palette, Sleek Molten Metal Duo, Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, L'Oréal Superliner in Black, Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in Hazel, Rimmel Scanadaleyes Kohl Kajal Liner in Nude, Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Liner in Black.

My hardest category was eye makeup. I decided the Sleek Storm palette had a perfect selection of matte and shimmery colours for any occasion, and having my Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze for a base or super quick eye makeup look is handy. My trusty Superliner is a definite, a nude and black pencil for the waterline (trust me, I had to elimiate a brown, a turquoise and a green from the selection!!) and my Falsies mascara - it took me a while to figure out how I felt about this mascara, but now I love it! A brow pencil and my little Sleek Molten Metail duo - y'know, just for special occasions! ;)

Lips





BMbeauty Lipgloss in Corsage, Revlon Lipbutter in Peach Parfait, L'Oréal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Dating Coral, Nivea Essentials Lipbalm

Easy peasy, I'm pretty simple when it comes to my lip colour. A lipbalm to keep them moisturised, a subtle gloss - Corsage looks super bright but goes on pretty much nude with a little hint of pinky coral, and it's the least sticky lipgloss I've ever used! - and my two favourite lipsticks, both peachy/coral, my favourite colours for my skin tone :)

Obviously I'll have brushes too, but they're waiting to be washed so didn't bother photographing them!

So, what do you think? Am I overdoing it? Let me know what your favourite makeup products are, in general and for going on holiday, or living abroad for a few months like me! :) Thanks so much for reading guys, can't believe the countdown really is now on!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like that all of your gear is so affordable. I use the Illamasqua primer under the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I also blend in Illamasqua foundation in white to help contour as it can look a little flat.

    http://pyjamasinprada.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am a high street makeup lover haha, like to save the pennies where I can! I love the Illamasaqua white foundation too, been using the Barry M one a lot recently though because the thick consistency means I only need a tiny bit every day and it's only £6.99 :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte powder and Benefit high beam too! great blog - I have followed :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely, will check your blog out too :) xx

      Delete