Favourites of the Week #3

Monday 18 February 2013

Can't believe it's time for my weekly favourites again already - the weeks are flying in! I'm going to be in Australia before I know it!!


Track of the Week
Sweet Nothing - Cover by Madilyn Bailey and Corey Gray

I love love love this cover. I actually do really like the Florence Welch/Calvin Harris original too, but this acoustic cover is brilliant. I'm a huge fan of Madilyn and Corey, two of my favourite artists on YouTube, so I tend to love anything they do!



Album of the Week
The Naked and Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You

Love this album. It reminds me of being all cosy on the train because I first got it before I was working on a three day makeup job in Edinburgh and had it on repeat there and back every day. There are a couple of not so good tracks, I have to admit, but my love for the really good ones cancels that out ;)



TV Show of the Week
Black Books

My brother borrowed my Black Books boxset last week to rewatch it, and it totally put me in mind to watch a few episodes too. This show will never ever fail to make me laugh, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey and Tamsin Greig are all fantastic.

Film of the Week
Les Miserables

Still hasn't changed, although to be fair I haven't actually watched any films this week so that could be why. That, or the fact I'm still obsessed with Les Mis and have watched several Behind the Scenes videos on YouTube this week!

Beauty Product of the Week
MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow

I've worn this either just blended across the lid or through the crease with a dark brown shadow this a few times this week and I'm really loving it again.

Book of the Week
The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

I'm still persevering with 'The Hundred Year Old Man...' (okay, weird sentence!) but for some reason I just kept struggling to concentrate on it. So I popped to the library in my home town and picked up a Cecelia Ahern book I haven't read yet, and as usual when it comes to her books, I'm loving it so far - I love the fairytale like quality to her novels, and they are so easy to read.

YouTuber of the Week
Leena from JustKissMyFrog

I love all of Leena's videos, she's one of the people I get most excited about seeing a new video in my subscription box from - go and check out her channel immediately if you haven't already!



Website of the Week
Twitter

I had such a nice time joining in with the #lbloggers and #bbloggers chats again on twitter last night, and got talking to some lovely bloggers - this is the magic of twitter :)

Style Icon of the Week
Mollie King

I can't say that Mollie from the Saturdays is usually someone who I am drawn to style wise (not that I dislike her style, I just haven't ever realy noticed it!) but I really like a couple of her outfits from the past few days at London Fashion Week. Simple but effective.


source L and R

So that's it for my favourites of the week! I'd love to hear what some of yours are! :)

Lynsey xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely blogpost idea xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try again with Black Books! I only watched one episode and that was fairly half heartedly- I really need to try again properly as so many of my pals rate it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you should, it is so bizarre but once you get to know the characters it's brilliant! I'm a huge Dylan Moran fan, which helps, but it's definitely one of my favourite comedy shows ever! xxx

    ReplyDelete