Mini June Playlist

Monday 30 June 2014


Having done a couple of "I've Been Watching" posts lately, I figured it was time for a quick musical version. In the interests of me not rambling on for hours, I've kept it short with just four artists! Links to the tracks themselves are included if you fancy having a listen!


Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX - Fancy

I'll admit, the first couple of times I heard this song, I hated it. Then, over time, something started to change. It's like it began to seep under my skin and I couldn't help but sing *cough, rap, cough* along whenever I heard it. Now I'm listening to covers and mash-ups and remixes and it's like I can't get enough. For my very favourite cover, check out Madilyn Bailey's version here, and my favourite mash-up (with Beyoncé's 'Partition') here.

Ed Sheeran - Don't, Photograph and Tenerife Sea

I got Ed's new album "X" for my birthday last week, and I haven't had the chance to properly listen to the whole thing yet. I am, however, loving these three tracks so far. "Don't" (which is allegedly about Ellie Goulding, but I really hope it isn't), is ridiculously catchy, and I caught "Photograph" on the radio a couple of weeks ago and instantly loved it. I skipped through some other tracks to listen to "Tenerife Sea" due to my love of Tenerife, and it's such a lovely wee song. If I haven't mentioned it already, I sort of like Ed Sheeran's music ;)

Bastille - Flaws

I've loved "Flaws" since it came out, but for some reason I've been having a total urge to listen to it all the time at the moment! It's such a good song, with great lyrics, and Dan's voice just fits it perfectly. Seeing them perform this live at Big Weekend was absolutely amazing, I wish I'd recorded more of it, but I was too busy enjoying the moment!

God is an Astronaut - Red Moon Lagoon

I discovered God is an Astronaut in my quest to find the perfect study music throughout April. I needed something fast paced enough to keep me awake and motivated, but without any proper words, so I wouldn't sit and sing along in my head (or out loud) like I do with my beloved Katy Perry, and almost any other form of music with lyrics. Having worked my way through lots of Sigur Ros, Tycho and Hammock, I finally stumbled across God is an Astronaut and it was love at first listen. This album (Origins) got me through one of my most hated assessments, and "Red Moon Lagoon" is my favourite track.


Hope you enjoyed that quick run down of some of the songs I've been loving lately. What's been on your playlist this June?!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: