Getting to Know Me - The Liebster Award :)

Tuesday 15 January 2013

I was really excited to see that the lovely Lynne from Cocktails and Daydreams nominated me and a few other bloggers for the Liebster Award at the weekend :)


This award is a great way of getting blogs (with under 200 followers) out there to the world, and I was thrilled to see I had been tagged to do it! The rules are as follows:

1) Write 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
3) Choose up to 11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) and write 11 questions for them (remember to let them know you've nominated them).


11 Fact About Me!

1. I have lived in the same house for my entire life - I'm 23! - since the day I came home from the hospital when I was born. Which will make moving to Australia even more of a big change!!

2. I have a bizarre fear of/dislike of fish, and the idea of deep sea diving strikes absolute terror into me! This goes for fish as food too, seafood/sushi etc aren't my cup of tea!

3. Speaking of cups of tea, I drink about six a day depending on what I'm doing!

4. I have an Honours Degree in Film & Television Studies from Glasgow Univesity.

5. I was school captain for my year group at high school.

6. I love performing, although I haven't done it in years! I studied drama for four years at school, played Ado Annie in our production of Oklahoma and sang a solo at our end of year show.

7. I am baby daft (always have been) and definitely look forward to having my own kids one day in the future!

8. I have watched Home and Away and Neighbours with my mum every day since before I can remember - when I was really small I really just pretended to watch, because she watched them!

9. I don't have any piercings or tattoos, since I took a terrible allergic reaction to having my ears pierced when I was 12!

10. I am a ridiculous old fashioned romantic and will watch literally any rom-com or romantic movie, no matter how cheesy or predictable!

11. I have, quite possibly, the biggest sweet tooth in the world. Cake of any pretty much any kind is definitely my weakness!


11 Questions from Lynne!

1) If you had to go without lipstick or mascara for the rest of your life which could you give up?

I actually find this quite an easy question! I'd definitely go without lipstick, I have a bit of a mascara addiction haha! My eyes are my favourite feature, whereas my lips pretty much don't exist, so I tend to go for lipgloss or balm most of the time anyway.

2) What's your favourite type of blog post to write?

Chatty, rambly posts about things I've been up to - I never stop talking in person, so I end up being the same when I write!

3) What's the best holiday you've ever been on?

Ooh that's a tricky question - I had a lot of amazing family holidays to Aviemore (in the north of Scotland!) when my brother and I were kids, but I also had a fantastic time in Tenerife with my best friend in 2010 and 2011. Most recently I had a wee trip to Aviemore just with my mum, it was only two days but it was amazing, I was in definite need of a wee break and it was perfect!

Classic in the mirror while getting ready photo with my best friend Emma in 2010 ❤

4) What's your favourite TV show?

Ohhhh dear, this could take a while! I studied Film and TV at uni and I'm a television drama addict!! I'm particularly fond of American TV, so a lot of my favourite are American dramas. I don't know if I could pick between 'Lost', 'Being Erica' and '24' though, so I'm going to just call it a draw there :P And if I need cheered up, 'Black Books' or 'Arrested Development' never fail to make me laugh!

5) Are you a heels or flats girl?

I do love heels, but I'm definitely more of a flats girl, I like to be comfortable at all times and with heels I always end up with sore feet by half-way through the night!

6) Which would you rather do: go on a big night out, go for dinner and cinema, or have a night in with a takeaway and a DVD?

All three sound amazing! I think dinner and the cinema though, I love a big night out every now and again, and takeaway with dvd is always a win, but I really enjoy eating out with my friends, and with my film and tv addiction I'm always excited to go to the cinema!

7) Which Friends girls are you most like - Phoebe, Rachel or Monica?

Definitely not Monica, I am not the tidiest of people! I'd probably say I'm most like Rachel, although I love Phoebe, she's hilarious

8) What has been your biggest beauty mistake? A dodgy haircut, questionable makeup look etc

When I was 14, after having a fringe all my life, I decided it was time to grow it out! So, after months and months of growing it out, I went on holiday with my family and sat down once we were home to have a proper look at our holiday photos - I looked horrendous!! I'm just one of these people who will never, ever suit not having a fringe I'm afraid, whether it's on trend or not haha!

9) What's your favourite accent?

It's probably a cliche, but I do love an Irish accent! I really like certain American accents too, and I really like a nicely spoken Scottish accent - how patriotic of me!

10) If you were a celebrity and had to go on a reality show would you rather do Celebrity Big Brother, I'm a Celeb Get Me Out of Here, Strictly Come Dancing, or Dancing on Ice?

Well, I'm a terrible ice skater and I am not the outdoorsy type sadly, so I'll count out 'Dancing on Ice' and 'I'm a Celeb..'! I'm not the most graceful dancer but I really like Strictly, so I'm going to go for it - partly just for the amazing dresses! Maybe I'd improve with a bit of training :P

11) If you were only allowed to buy clothes from one shop/website for a year, which would it be?

I think probably H&M. To be perfectly honest I don't buy clothes all that often, I more of a makeup buyer, but when I do go out looking to spice up my wardrobe (and at a reasonable price) I can usually count on H&M to have something I like!

I Nominate...

I'm tagging the following lovely bloggers now (some of whom were also tagged by Lynne, but I'd love to see them do this tag!):

Beatrice: http://beabops.blogspot.co.uk/
Fai: http://faibassett.blogspot.co.uk/
Iona: http://ionablogs.blogspot.co.uk/
Paula: http://prettyp33.blogspot.co.uk/
Suzye: http://loveinmyheartoceansapart.blogspot.co.uk/
Laura: http://www.thelikelylady.com/

... and here are my questions!

1. What one food could you not live without?

2. If you could go back in time what era would you most like to visit?

3. Which part of your beauty routine (if you have one!) do you least enjoy (skincare, hair, makeup, nails..)?

4. What is your favourite TV show? (Lynne asked me this, but I love asking people this too since I am a self-confessed TV drama addict!)

5. If you were stranded on a desert island (and had access to food, water, medial supplies etc) what one thing would you want to have with you?

6. What was your favourite subject at school and why?

7. What is your favourite scent?

8. Who is your style icon?

9. What is your favourite social media site?

10. Who is your celebrity crush?

11. What made you bite the bullet and decide to start blogging?


I can't wait to read your responses if you have a chance to do it ladies :)

Thanks again to Lynne for nominating me, and thanks to you guys for reading!

Lynsey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment