Some 2012 Favourites...

Thursday 10 January 2013


Hi guys! There are lots of 2012 Favourites tags and posts doing the rounds just now, but as a spur of the moment thing, having glanced around my room (which is in desperate need of a clear out before I head to Australia!) I thought I'd make one of my own simply listing a few of my personal favourite things from last year! I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this one, I know!

Favourite Makeup Product: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - I absolutely LOVE this foundation, and considering it is under ten pounds (sometimes only £5 when Rimmel have their special offers on!) it's a total bargain! The only downside for me is that as it is a drug store foundation the colour range isn't quite wide enough, and the palest colour (Ivory) isn't quite pale enough for me! But a bit of Illamasqua white foundation (or Barry M White Cream Foundation for a High Street buy!) sorts it out perfectly!

Favourite Nail Polish: This is a tough one but I've gone for Golden Green from the Models Own Beetle Juice collection. It's such a lovely colour, which isn't bright enough to really clash with anything, and would be equally suitable for daytime/office wear, or for a night out.

Favourite Bath/Shower Product: For the second year running, this goes to the amazing Original Source Raspberry and Vanilla Milk Shower Gel. All I'll say on this one is I'm still amazed I haven't tried to drink it. It honestly smells like some sort of delicious milkshake!

Favourite Film: Again, a tough one, but I've gone for The Artist. Technically I think it actually came out in 2011, but I didn't get to see it till January, and I adored it. It's the first film in ages that I went to see and genuinely though I could go straight back in and watch it again the minute it finished!

Favourite TV Show: I'm going to cheat here and say two different ones, because they are totally different types of show and I've loved both equally. First is Being Erica, which aired it's final episode this year at the end of season 4 *sob*. This is definitely a contender for my all time favourite TV programme (which, coming from a TV Drama obsessed Film and TV Studies Graduate, is saying something!), and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend picking up the dvds when they are cheap on amazon. You won't regret it! The other is The Vampire Diaries, featuring the sexiest cast ever on TV, and gripping storyline after gripping storyline. Need I say more?!

Favourite Book: Like so many others, I got caught up in The Hunger Games fever this year, and I absolutely loved all three of the books. My favourite, however, has to be the first book, The Hunger Games itself (by Suzanne Collins). It is one of the most unbelievably enthralling books I've read in a long time, impossible to put down and definitely one that gets you thinking.

Favourite Album: My favourite album of 2012 goes to Electra Hart by Marina and the Diamonds, who (as I mentioned in my last post) I saw on tour in June! Her lyrics are amazing, the music incredibly catchy and I just love her style. I got Taylor Swift's Red for Christmas though, and it's fantastic, so a special mention must go to it too!

Favourite Gadget: While like most people I can't imagine life without my phone, I have really loved my Kindle this year, which I got for my birthday. I never thought I'd like reading something that isn't an actual book, but I have to say my wee Kindle totally won me over, and within a day or so of having it! It's so convenient and has definitely helped get me back into reading more, which I am so pleased about. It's going to be seriously handy when I go on my travels!

Well, I think I will leave it there! Hope you enjoyed this little favourites post, let me know what some of your favourite things from 2012 were! Have you used/watched/read and loved (or hated!) anything I mentioned in this post?!

Lynsey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment