Springtime Lipsticks - The Body Shop, 17 :)

Monday 26 March 2012

With the lovely weather we've been having here in Scotland for the past few days, I've been finding myself reaching for some pretty, candy coloured lipsticks to add a bit of bright colour to my makeup. This is unusual since (as you will soon see in the upcoming photos!) my lips are really thin, and generally speaking I leave the dramatic makeup to the eyes and keep my lips simple with just a nude gloss! But with the array of lovely, moisturising new lip products on the market at the moment, I'm finding that there are definitely some lovely lipsticks out there worth trying out. Next on my to buy list are a couple of the gorgeous and much talked about Revlon Lip Butters, which I've been waiting for since watching the lovely Allison's (amarixe on youtube/her blog!) review of them way back in November, and the L'Oreal Caresse Lipsticks, which I was swatching in Boots today and they are gorgeous!!! These lovely, moisturising and buildable lip products are becoming hugely popular at the moment, and I can't wait to try some more. Today, however, I'm going to be reviewing the Body Shop's version of this lovely product, the Colourglide Shine lipstick.

I picked up two of these lipsticks recently and I have to say, I absolutely love them! They are the loveliest formula, so moisturising on your lips and the colour payoff is actually amazing. I tend to think that products this creamy might not last too long, especially if you eat and drink with them on, but these have really impressed me - they last for hours! I ate dinner and dessert at home last night before going to visit my friend and eating a whole lot of rubbish at her house, and returned home to find my lips still lovely and pink! The high shine you find when you first apply it obviously wears off after a bit, but the colour remains fairly intense, sort of leaving a stain on the lips, but without drying them out. The two colours I picked up are labelled shades 1 and 3, and don't have names on the packaging which is a bit odd, but from checking them out online I think the two I have are cheeky coral (which is actually more of a pale peach than coral I would say) and pink flash!



I recently bought another lipstick which I'm a little bit in love with, and it's the pretty bubblegum pink shade Dreamy from 17's Lasting Fix range. The only problem I've found with it, however, is that it's a wee bit drying on my lips. So, in buying these lovely Bodyshop lipsticks, I've found the prefect solution - I'm layering Dreamy over each of them, so now have five lipstick looks for the price of three! Okay, so it doesn't change the colour dramatically, but you'll see the results below.



Swatches [L-R] Dreamy, Cheeky Coral, Pink Flash



Cheeky Coral:




Cheeky Coral + Dreamy:



Pink Flash:


Pink Flash + Dreamy:




So there we have it, three lovely springtime lipsticks to brighten up my makeup on a sunny day! The 17 Lasting Fix lipsticks can be found in Boots for £4.29 (and Boots have a 3 for 2 across ALL makeup at the moment!) and the Colourglide Shine lipsticks are from The Body Shop and retail for £9. I got mine for the introductory price of £7, which I have to admit I think is more reasonable, £9 is definitely on the high side when the Revlon Lip Butters and the L'Oreal Rouge Caresses are just £7.99 each, and in the 3 for 2 just now! I love these lipsticks, I really do, but I'd say £9 is a wee bit too pricey when there are a lot of other comparable products out there retailing for a couple of pounds cheaper! What do you think? Have any of you tried the Revlon Lip Butters yet (can you tell I'm excited to pick a couple up next time I'm in Glasgow!?)? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, and don't forget to subscribe :) Hope you're all well!

Lynsey x

ps do excuse my much needing cut hair in the above photos, my fringe is getting totally out of control, I must get to the hairdressers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment