A bit about me....

Wednesday 21 March 2012

I realised that despite posting a plenty on this wee blog over the past couple of months I've never really done a 'get to know me post', so I figured I would do that now!

First and foremost, obviously, my name is Lynsey! I live just a short train journey outside of Glasgow in Scotland, and I'm 22!


This is me, on holiday a couple of years ago, and this is a photo you will see on pretty much every social media outlet of mine as it is one of the very few I am quite happy with - I'm a nightmare when it comes to photos of myself, I'm ridiculously pernickity!

I still live at home with my amazing set of parents, who couldn't have been more supportive, encouraging and also hilarious throughout my 22 years so far, and a 20 year old brother who, much as though it pains me to say it, I cannot imagiine having grown up without! My mum and I are ridiculously close, and, for as long as I can remember, have set aside a wee portion of the day for a cup of tea, a cake and a daily dose of our favourite australian soaps Home & Away and Neighbours! I went to primary and high school in my home town, and was quite the studious wee thing. I still have a handful of amazing friends from school, who I am so glad I still have in my life :)




Anyways, high school led on to uni and I was lucky enough to go to Glasgow University in 2007 to study an Honours degree in Film and Television Studies. Even luckier was that my very best friend was doing the same course :)


Let me tell you a little bit about us ^. Emma and I went to the same nursery, primary school and high school, and managed to avoid really being in any classes together until fifth and sixth year of high school, when we found ourselves in drama and advanced higher english classes together. Our absolutely ridiculous sense of humour is probably what initially brought us together. You know those people who laugh at things that make absolutely no sense to anyone else, and say they know exactly what the other is thinking? That actually is us. To the point that I can tell exactly when something is bothering her from whether or not an exclamation mark is out of place in a text. After five years or so of spending the majority of our time together, I literally don't know where I'd be without her. She's a gem :)


Uni was a fab time, I absolutely loved my course and made some smashing friends there.





So, much to our dismay, our time at uni came to an end last June, when we all graduated and moved on to bigger and better things...

And in October 2011 I studied a two week course at the amazing Academy of Makeup in Glasgow. Not sure what I wanted to do film and tv wise when I graduated, one thing I'd always known was that I love makeup, and the art of doing someones makeup, so discovering this fantastic new Scottish makeup school in the centre of Glasgow, which opened up just a few months before I took my course seemed like fate!

Since completing my course, I have been involved in more makeup events than I can remember, and have met some really inspiring people. Sara Hill, the academy director, is one the most amazing women I've ever met, and she, along with the incredible Ana Cruzalegui, Kat McSwein, Sophie Edwards, Karen McDougall and Martine Carroll, strive to inspire and encourage all of their students both during your time at the academy (even if it's just a one day Masterclass) and after you have completed your course. Here are a few snaps of some of the events I've worked at (top to bottom) Birmingham Clothes Show Live with Kimberly Wyatt and Laura McComiskie's makeup brand BM Beauty, the Academy Bloggers Event, a Specsavers contest with Gok Wan and the Scottish Style Awards!





This is a very picture filled post, I realise! Anyway, it's now March 2012 and with a fair bit of makeup experience under my belt, I am still working away at my part time job and building up the assisting jobs/makeup experience. I am, however, incredibly caught up in the ever expanding world of social media beauty and fashion, and that is the area I really hope I will end up making a career out of. With a couple of things in the pipeline where that's concerned, I'll hopefully build up some experience in that side of things over the next wee while. The future, in regard to that, is all very open and exciting, and I will be sure to keep updating this blog along the way :)

As a final thought, here are a few of my favourite films, tv shows, musical inspirations etc, the usual get to know me things!

TV Shows - Lost; 24; Veronica Mars; Being Erica; Gossip Girl; Gilmore Girls; The Vampire Diaries; Prison Break; Home and Away; Neighbours; Parenthood; Ugly Betty; Lipstick Jungle; Flight of the Conchords; Arrested Development; Black Books; Green Wing; Ellen; The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson - I will happily chat away for hours on end about ANY of the above!

Films - I'm not good at picking my favourite films, so I'm simply going to say if it's a good rom-com, a well thought out (but not gory) thriller or a comedy of the non-slapstick variety, I'm usually sold!

Music - my taste is crazily wide, but as I just booked tickets for her Glasgow tour date in May, I'm going to give a special mention to Marina and the Diamonds as a stand out of the moment!

YouTube Beauty Channels - Sprinkleofglitter, Pixiwoo, Pixi2woo, FleurdeForce, zoella280390, kandeejohnson, MakeupGeekTV, KlairedelysArt, gossmakeupartist, lisaeldridgedotcom, ViviannaDoesMakeup, SWalkerMakeup, gemsmaquillage and so many more I'll have to stop myself here!

Thanks so much for reading guys, and I hope this lengthy post helped you get to know me a little bit better!

Lynsey x


^For sheer entertainment value, I thought I'd include this photo of me and my friend David on a uni night out last year. This is one of the many many photos which exist of me making a ridiculous face, and as manic as I look, it always makes me laugh :)


2 comments:

  1. You should put this on an About Me page! Love all the pics.

    xx
    Katelyn
    www.theskinnyblondegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I will do, I'm still getting to know my way around the blog layouts etc but I'll get there in the end! xx

      Delete