Music Video Inspiration - Part 2

Monday 19 March 2012

Hello all, and welcome to my second instalment of music video makeup inspiration!

I decided to do this last night when I watched the video for the amazing Marina and the Diamonds new single 'Primadonna' and fell in love with the whole look of it. The makeup and clothes are lovely, and the video has a really beautiful, pastel, feminine look to it. Observe the pictures below!


photo credit


photo credit


photo credit


photo credit

These are the four looks from the video, and I absolutely adore all of them! The soft pinks, blues and lilacs tie in perfectly with this seasons love for pastel colours, and the makeup has the touch of quirkiness that Marina always brings to her videos, with the big bottom lashes, bubblegum pink lip and drawn on heart at the top of her cheekbone. I am a huge Marina fan, and have been for ages, so I'm getting all excited that her second album is due to come out this April! Here's a link to the Primadonna video, go and check it out when you get the chance :)

Natalia Kills - Kill my Boyfriend


photo credit


photo credit


photo credit


photo credit

Another artist I've really been loving over the past few months is Natalia Kills, and her music videos never fail to impress, with a Lady Gaga-ish, artsy sort of look. Her makeup in the video for Kill my Boyfriend doesn't disappoint, and it couldn't be more my cup of tea. I adore sixties, Twiggy-esque cut creases and graphic liner, and this video puts an edgy, modern twist on this look, while the style of the clothes, and set decoration, is inkeeping with the sixties theme. I love this look to pieces.

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die


photo credit


photo credit

I almost didn't include this because it's already been talked about a lot in the beauty community, but I thought I'd pop a couple of images in anyway! I'm not sure I totally get the extent of the hype around Lana Del Rey at the moment, but I have to say that she looks absolutely beautiful in this video. The contrast between the really bold look with the red lip, dark liner and big lashes, and the much more muted, nude look, with a totally nude mouth, is striking, and her hair is as gorgeous as ever.

That's all for this edition of music video inspiration, let me know if there's a video you've seen lately (or even years ago!) that has stuck with you, and inspired you to try out the makeup :) Hope you are all well!

Lynsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment