The Blogger Tag

Sunday 5 October 2014

Cute onesie? Check. Mug of tea? Check. Instagram filter? Check. The most "blogger" photo ever? I think so.

I was tagged yesterday by one of my blogging besties, Roisin, to complete The Blogger Tag - these are eight easy peasy (well, not that easy - let me tell you, I could be here all day with question seven!!) questions that are perfect for any blogger to answer! So in addition to tagging my pals Nikki, Lynne and Gemma, I tag any of you out there who fancy taking part!

Without further ado, I'll get on with answering the questions!

1) What's your favourite beauty product?

I think that has to be the L'Oréal Superliner - my holy grail liquid eyeliner. It's the product I think I would have the hardest time replacing, and as sad as this sounds, it's what makes my face look like my face! I switch up what foundation I use every so often, and I could happily swap my current powder/blushers for something different. I adore my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, but I know there are other concealers out there that are probably just as good, and I am forever trying different eyeshadows, lip products and particularly mascaras. My daily flick of liquid eyeliner, however, is just never quite the same if I use something other than the L'Oréal one! I love the shape and texture of the applicator, love the consistency of the product and I get a nice, clean line every time!

2) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I have a long, long list of places, but my top three at the moment are New York, Iceland and Hawaii. New York, as cliched as it is, has been at the top of my list for as long as I can remember. It's just one of those cities that has so many beautiful, iconic places to visit, and somewhere I would hate to go my whole life without experiencing. The buzz and the atmosphere must just be incredible! Then there's Iceland, somewhere I've wanted to go for years and I'm still not one hundred percent sure what inspired that! I think the landscape just looks so stunning, and the idea of swimming in the hot pools surrounded by ice sounds so amazing. There's something sort of magical about Iceland, or the many, many, many photos I've seen have certainly made me feel that way! Finally, there's Hawaii and if I'm totally honest about this, it's because Lost was filmed in Hawaii, and I have such a connection with that show that getting to visit the place it was filmed would be really special. Those, however, are just three on a very long list - check out my Wanderlust board on Pinterest for some examples!

3) What is your all-time favourite brand?

I think it would have to be Bourjois. They have an incredible range of products, which are excellent quality (not really surprising what with the Chanel connection), beautiful packaging, reasonable price point and consistently impressive new releases throughout the year - what more could you ask for! In particular, I love their foundations, mascaras, lipsticks and 1 Second Nail Polishes, but I'd really recommend trying any of their products!

4) Do you collect anything, and if so, what is it?

I suppose I collect DVD boxsets - I'm a bit of a TV addict, and although Netflix is one of the best things ever, there's something about owning a show you particularly love on DVD that just feels special to me. Bizarre, I know, but things like my complete Veronica Mars boxset, which I got years before they released the UK edition in 2014, means so much to me! The packaging is in French, and every time I look at it I remember how excited I was the day I finally managed to track down a region 2 boxset on Play.com!

5) Early bird or night owl?

Night owl, without a doubt. I am not what you would call a morning person, and given the opportunity, I would happily stay up till the wee hours writing blog posts, or editing essays (while I was at uni). I always feel more productive late at night than I do in the morning. Sadly, society does not take individual body clocks into account and starting the working day at 9am is the norm, but what can you do!

6) Tea or coffee?

Tea, hands down. If I'm at home I can get through a worrying number of cups in a day - there's just something really comforting about a good cup of tea. I love the smell of coffee, but unfortunately don't like the taste. I've tried everything from a latte to a cappuccino to some of the iced coffee you can get in Starbucks etc, but I'm yet to find one I actually like the taste of!


7) What is your favourite TV show?

We could be here all day! I think I have to say Lost because when push comes to shove, it is the show that always pops into my head first. The characterisation on that show was just absolutely incredible. However, my favourite TV shows (plural) include Veronica Mars, Being Erica, 24, Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, Dexter, Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries/The Originals, Black Books, Friends, Prison Break and Arrested Development, and I watch Home and Away and Neighbours every day. It's so hard to choose! At the moment it's The Originals, because I've just finished devouring the incredible first season, but I absolutely adore all of the shows I just listed. I could write about/talk about/analyse television quite happily all day, every day!

8) If you could travel to any era, what would it be?

Oooh, now there's a question. In all honesty, I've never had a massive hankering to travel to any other era - I'm fascinated by really far back history (I really enjoyed studying the Aztecs at primary school!), and the irony is that I absolutely love books, films and television shows that deal with time travel, but I've never been too worried about actually visiting another time period. Maybe I would say the time of the Aztecs (roughly 14th-16th Centuries, in the Central American area) - I feel like although things have changed dramatically over the past century, I'd be more interested to see what the world was like in a completely different time, when it would be utterly unrecognisable to us. It really would be like living on another planet! I think my internet providers heard me saying this and decided to give me a taste of technology free life, because just as I typed this my internet totally lost connection for an hour and I honestly didn't know what to do with myself!

So that's it for the Blogger Tag! Thanks for tagging me Roisin. As I said earlier, I tag Nikki, Lynne and Gemma, but anyone who fancies answering these questions should go for it - leave me a link in the comments if you do!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment