Favourites of the Week #20

Sunday 9 November 2014


So, way back in the day I did a little series of posts titled "Favourites of the Week" - somewhere along the line, those posts fell to the wayside! Today, however, I decided to bring it back! Hope you enjoy!


Track of the Week
Blank Space - Taylor Swift

Ahhh Blank Space. If this song is not single at some point I will be so surprised - it is amazing! I won't spend too much time discussing it right now because the next favourite is connected...

Album of the Week
Taylor Swift - 1989

I got this album the day it came out and I am absolutely addicted! Every single track is incredible. Favourites are Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods, This Love and Style, but the whole thing is just amazing. I made a video ranking the tracks, so if you are a Taylor fan and fancy checking it out, here it is!



TV Show of the Week
The Office (US)

This week I have watched pretty much all of season five of The Office Netflix binge-watching style! Every time I get home from work and want to just relax with something easy to watch, this is what I'm going for. I'm also loving Season 4 of Once Upon a Time (have I ever mentioned that I like that show?!) and Season 5 of The Vampire Diaries, the boxset of which I am making my way through at the moment. It, however, is an entirely different sort of genre - much more dramatic! It's incredible, but when I just want a laugh and a distraction at the end of the day, The Office is perfect. Michael Scott will never fail to make me laugh and Jim Halpert will never fail to make me want to marry him.

source

Film of the Week
Gone Girl

Emma and I went to see Gone Girl a few weeks ago now, but as it was the last new film I saw, I thought I'd include it. I actually really enjoyed the film, but honestly? For me the book was better. There are reasons why, which I won't discuss on here to avoid spoilers, but I'm going to try to rope Emma into filming a video with me about it. I will say though that had you not read the book, I think the film would have been absolutely amazing! Bravo to the entire cast, who I thought did a really good job with it.

Beauty Product of the Week
Makeup Revolution "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" Eyeshadow Palette

Guys. THIS PALETTE. There are no words for how I feel about this palette, it's just so, so good. The colours are beautiful, the pigmentation is insane, they last all day, they blend nicely and the entire palette is just £6. There is little else for me to say on the matter other than put this on your Christmas list! Or next payday list ;)

Book of the Week
Looking for Alaska - John Green

After finishing Gone Girl a couple of weeks ago, I haven't actually properly got into anything else yet, but I have started John Green's "Looking for Alaska". It has definitely impressed me so far, in the first chapter I've read, but I need a bit more time to actually get into it. This week on my commute to and from work I'll take the time to read it, rather than listed to Taylor Swift's album on repeat and create dramatic music videos in my head!

YouTuber of the Week
Giovannasworld

My favourite celebrity couple (yes, that's right, I have a favourite celebrity couple) are Kristen Bell and Dax Shephard, but they are now very closely followed by Tom and Gi Fletcher. I've been watching Giovanna's vlogs for the past few weeks now, and I just absolutely love her! I haven't actually read any of her books yet, but I think I'll download them on to my kindle and give them a go, because I just think she seems like the nicest person. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and any time I see a new "Coffee with Gi" video pop up in my subscription box I am a happy girl!



Website of the Week
Bored Panda

Bored Panda makes me happy. I love looking a pretty photographs, and if there is a place on the internet that you can find beautiful images, Bored Panda is it. If I'm lacking inspiration I love to hop on to Bored Panda and have a look through the lovely pictures and it always cheers me up!

Style Icon of the Week
Fleur East

source

Sounds like a random choice, but from the very earliest auditions of this year's X-Factor I have had the hugest girl crush on Fleur East - she is just beautiful, and seems like a nice person. She's also a brilliant performer. Anyway, every week I just think she looks stunning, and obviously she has stylists on there now, but right from the word go I always thought she looked really cool!

So that's it for this week! What have some of your favourite things been lately? Let me know in the comments! :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment