Back to the Blog

Sunday 11 May 2014

Well hello there blog land!

It has been a very, very long time since I last posted, and that makes me so sad. I love having this little space to ramble away on, but the past two months of my life have been hectic to say the least! I had practically moved into the library at uni there for a while, spending every waking hour working on my assessments. However, as of four days ago I have free time in my life once again! Its bizarre and amazing.

In order to get back into the blogging swing of things, I decided the easiest sort of post to do would be a life update courtesy of instagram.


So, from left to right, and top to bottom, here is what I've been doing lately (a very condensed version, of course)...

1. I discovered an app that let me change my hair colour back in April. And so commenced hours of fun imagining my life with turquoise or raspberry hair. I will admit I also used this app to see what I'd look like with blue eyes (so, so strange).

2. I FINALLY went to Bread Meats Bread after months of longing, and it was just as good as I'd hoped. My friend Aimie and I popped in after a long day of studying and enjoyed some amazing burgers and wine, and all for really reasonable prices. Will definitely be taking a trip back there soon!

3. One of my best friends Lynsey came home for a visit from Autralia! Unluckily her three week trip fell right in the midst of my hectic assessment period, but we still got to catch up multiple times, and one night headed to the Hillhead Book Club in the West End of Glasgow for some dinner and a good old fashioned gossip. It was lovely, and Emma and I are so gutted she has already headed back to Aus!

4. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory - I bought a t-shirt with a cat wearing a jumper and glasses on it. I love it a bit too much. (I checked the New Look website and sadly it doesn't appear to be available any more!).

5. Easter came and went in a bit of a blur as most of that weekend was spent huddled over a computer in the library, but tea and chocolate were always there to help me through <3

6. One night I got home from an extraordinarily long day of report writing and just felt completely and utterly rubbish - you know those days when you just feel so drained (#firstworldproblems if ever I heard it). Anyway, I did what I quite often do to cheer myself up - I threw a whole lot of makeup at my face and, despite the fact it was 10pm and I was in my pyjamas, I really loved the way it turned out. So, while I don't often indulge in a selfy, I did on this occasion. I will admit I actually really like this picture, but will also admit that it looks pretty much nothing like me (the magic of a photo filter eh?).

7. Lynsey had her leaving night for heading back to Australia last week and I headed to Boots to pick up some new foundation and a new eyeliner, and of course, Boots had their 3 for 2 still on. I grabbed this super bright yellow nail polish from the Bourjois 1 Seconde range (I absolutely LOVE these nail polishes), and I think this colour is amazing for spring/summer time!

8. Tuesday evening was an exciting time - it was just one day till my last hand in and last exam. So of course, I instagrammed my notes. Who wouldn't.

9. And that brings us to today - I filmed my first video in about three months and I'm currently uploading it! It's just a rambly, chatty life update, but I'm so happy to have time to film and blog again!


So that's it for now! I hope you are all doing really well - leave me a wee comment if you like letting me know what you've been up to lately, or if you've been working like crazy at uni/school/college/work let me know how that's going!

Thanks so much for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back! :) I love that cat shirt! Cats.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liesa!! I know, it's so cute isn't it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete