Favourites of the Week #18

Sunday 20 October 2013


It's been a while but I decided it was time to do another weekly favourites!

Track of the Week
Bring me the Night - Sam Tsui and Kina Grannis

You know me - I love a bit of romantic, cheesy music and I love my YouTube artists, so what better combination than this adorable song from Sam Tsui and Kina Grannis! This song made me smile the first time I heard it and I put it on my iPod right away, I've have listened to it a ridiculous number of times since!



Album of the Week
One Republic - Native

This album came out in March of this year but for some strange reason (despite being a One Republic fan) I only downloaded it a couple of weeks ago - it is amazing! Standout tracks for me are If I lose Myself and I Lived (linked below) but the whole album is lovely.



TV Show of the Week
Friends

I've been rewatching season 6 of Friends (oh how I miss it from E4!) and will never, ever tire of how good it is. My friend Lynne recently did a ''Top 5 Episodes of Friends'' post and I'm really tempted to do my own version!

Film of the Week
The Hunger Games

In preparation for the release of Catching Fire next month I rewatched The Hunger Games the other day. I know some fans of the book weren't keen on the film version, but speaking as a huge fan of the book series, I loved it! I cannot wait for the next instalment :)

Beauty Product of the Week
Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss in Corail Idylliic

I really, really love this lipgloss - I've raved about the range before, they are super moisturising, not too sticky and give a lovely wash of colour to the lips, but this shade in particular is gorgeous. I picked it up in Boots last week because they had a couple of pounds off it in some sort of offer, and I'm so glad I did!

Book of the Week
Snow White Must Die by Nele Neuhaus

Much to my shame, I'm still on the same book I was reading in my last weekly favourites, which was ages ago! This book really is good, but I've been so snowed under with uni work that I just haven't had enough time to get through it - when I do finish it though I reckon I'll do a proper review because I really like the way it's written, and the story is great!

YouTuber of the Week
Angie - Goldiestarling

As it's almost Halloween I couldn't not include Angie as my YouTuber of the week. Her Halloween makeup tutorials are absolutely incredible, she's such a talented makeup artist and I love her videos! Check out some of her best looks (up till last year) in the video below! This year she's done a lot of amazing special effects makeup on her channel, so definitely go and have a look at her recent videos too!



Website of the Week
YouTube

This week I've been obsessing, once again, over some of my favourite ''comedy'' youtube channels like BadLipReading, Bart Baker and ScreenJunkies. If you're feeling a bit fed up and want to watch something entertaining but can't be bothered with a full length comedy tv show or film, get yourself over to some of these channels and you're guaranteed to be laughing within minutes!

Style Icon of the Week
Zooey Deschanel

source

I absolutely adore Zooey Deschanel. Not only is she my style icon of the week, but she's just my ''overall nice person'' of the week. Her website Hello Giggles is one of my favourite websites, and in this interview with Marie Claire she talks openly about her determination to help teenage girls by tackling the issue of bullying in her work on the website. I also love New Girl more than I can say. She's an all round good egg this one. And beautiful too.

What have some of your favourite things been this week? Let me know in the comments! :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment