Dinner at the West Port Hotel, Linlithgow!

Sunday 13 October 2013

What's the perfect way to end a hectic day of classes at uni? Dinner with some of my favourite girls, you say? Well on Thursday I had the pleasure of doing just that, and headed to Linlithgow to sample some of the amazing foods on offer at the newly refurbished West Port Hotel.


Greeted at the door with a lovely wee glass of wine, I instantly felt at home in the hotel. It has a really welcoming, cosy atmosphere but the recent refurbishments have given it a really classy vibe. The staff on hand were all extremely friendly and when ten of us ended up attending they instantly reorganised the table to fit us all in! The night then consisted of tasting platter after tasting platter of some of the incredible food from their menu. Starting off with various italian meats and fresh fish (we all know I'm not a lover of seafood, but the girls said the crayfish and mussels were delicious!), breads and some AMAZING stuffed peppadew peppers, we were then treated to a variety of their small plates and main dishes. The Moroccan Lamb Stew was delicious, and while the Flamegrilled Cajun Chicken burger I sampled was a wee bit on the hot side for my taste, the Gourmet Beef Burger some of the other girls tried looked absolutely amazing!


One of the highlights for me was the Tempura Chicken with a Sweet Chilli Dip. I've never eaten Tempura before (my knowledge of this dish is inextricably linked to a daft Catherine Tate sketch from years ago!) but I would go back and order that again in a minute! The chicken was, as Laura repeatedly put it, so succulent, and the batter was really light and tasty. This was definitely a winner for me!


Finally, it was dessert time (my favourite time!), and I wasn't let down! The profiteroles were fantastic, really light and with an amazing flavour, and the cheesecake was gorgeous. As we all know, I'm a cheesecake lover, and this one was a total hit. The buzz around our table when these desserts arrived was hilarious.


So a few glasses of wine and a several amazing courses later, I jumped in a taxi with Jade and Lynne and headed for the train. I had an absolutely lovely night at the West Port Hotel and can't recommend it enough if you're looking for somewhere in the Linlithgow area to go for a meal. The service was fantastic, the food was beautiful and as always I had a great time catching up with some of my favourite girls after a busy day at uni.

So thank you so much to all at the West Port Hotel for a lovely evening! I found that photo of the ten of us on their twitter, which you can check out here if you're interested!

Let me know if you've tried out anywhere new for a meal recently :)

4 comments:

  1. Suuuuuch a good night! I loved the chicken tempura as well, although the pulled pork was probably my favourite. Was so lovely to see you again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I forgot to mention the pulled pork - if I don't take a photo of something I usually forget!! It was such a lovely night, felt like I hadn't seen you or Iona for ages! See you again soon! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aww the food sounds lovely! I love spending a night with some of my favourite girls.

    Ellie | mantrapixie | x

    ReplyDelete